The United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites qualified companies/individuals to submit proposals for the following assignment:
Evaluation of UNESCO’s work in the thematic area Media and Information Literacy (MIL)
The evaluation requires the following principal qualifications for the team leader/senior evaluator:
- University degree at Masters level or equivalent in in areas relevant to the evaluation such as media, journalism, communication, information and library sciences, political sciences, public international law, international relations, social sciences, public policy, or other related field.
- At least 7 years of working experience acquired at the international level or in an international setting.
- Senior experience of at least 10 years in project and/or programme evaluation, some of which relevant to the field of media and Information.
- Knowledge of and experience of at least 10 years in applying qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques and RBM principles.
- Understanding and knowledge of the UN mandates and its programming in relevant areas in the framework of the Sustainable Development Agenda.
- Understanding and application of UN mandates in Human Rights and Gender Equality.
- Excellent communication, analytical and demonstrated excellent drafting skills in English.
- Working knowledge of French.
- No previous involvement in the implementation of the activities under review.