Since its founding in 1983, the World Maritime University has been a leader in education and research for the international maritime community, including governmental, public and commercial sectors.
As the International Maritime Organization’s centre of excellence for postgraduate maritime education, WMU’s mission is to be the world centre of excellence in postgraduate maritime and oceans education, professional training and research, while building global capacity and promoting sustainable development.
WMU offers a unique postgraduate educational program, undertakes wide-ranging research in maritime and environmental studies, and continues maritime capacity building. Working closely with its stakeholders, including IMO, the maritime industry, national maritime administrations, and NGOs, WMU is positioned to:
- Help build a more environmentally sensitive and sustainable world through education and research in the maritime sector
- Educate future global maritime leaders
- Contribute to maritime capacity building and the development of effective policies of equal opportunity for the global maritime community
- Provide an international focus and forum for networking and collaboration on critical issues and developments in maritime transportation worldwide
WMU bases its work around nine core values:
- Leadership - Serve as global maritime leaders in education and research
- Integrity - Act equitably, impartially, and fairly in all actions
- Respect - Behave professionally and earn respect of others, both within and outside the organization
- Collaboration - Develop and maintain effective working relationships and strong partnerships at all levels
- Innovation - Treat problem solving and work tasks with ingenuity
- Transparency - Encourage open communication and provide access to maritime information
- Accountability - Promote greater accountability
- Efficiency - Strive for timely, cost-effective, and accurate results
- Compliance - Ensure that policies are implemented and adhered to
- Sustainability – Support sustainable development goals for the maritime transport the marine environment sectors as well as sustainability-oriented actions by WMU
Procurement for the World Maritime University (WMU) in Malmö, Sweden is managed by the Finance and Administrative Services following the procurement regulations and rules in the WMU Procurement Manual. The procurement activities aim to seek the best value for money as well as cost-efficient, professional, high-quality and environmentally friendly goods and services through a competitive, fair and transparent process. The procurement activities at WMU cover a wide range of goods and services.
If interested vendors provide goods, works or services that are of interest to WMU and agree to the WMU General Terms and Conditions and the UN Supplier Code of Conduct found on the WMU website , they are invited to register as a potential supplier of the WMU using the WMU vendor registration form. In addition, it is recommended for interested vendors to register their company/entity at the United Nations Global Marketplace.
To ensure transparency and fairness, WMU publishes its tenders below. All eligible vendors are given equal opportunity to submit tenders.