INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE (ITC)
Major Upcoming Business Opportunity Notice
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Important: The purpose of this call for EOI is to identify appropriate suppliers who can potentially fulfill the requirements. The present call for EOI does not constitute an invitation to tender. Only suppliers deemed qualified by ITC will receive the invitation to tender.
Reference: EOI 2019-52/HW Good practises in the global T&C industry
Date of this Call for Expression of Interest (EOI): 22 October 2019
Closing Date for Receipt of EOI at ITC/PS: 28 October 2019
Terms of Reference (summary):
ITC seeks to select a vendor to produce a written guidebook on best practices in the T&C sector worldwide. This guidebook should describe best practices at enterprise level along the garment value chain, including shop-floor best practices, material sourcing and how to move from “Cut Make Trim” (CMT) to “Free on Board” (FOB) business, product development, developing a merchandizing department, design development and branding, export marketing, social and environmental compliance, etc. Good practices should also be identified and described at the institutional (sector association) level, including the institutional ecosystem supporting the sector, on how to support enterprises to achieve the above in their move from CMT to FOB and full package development. It will be required to:
Identify, describe and relate best practices in the T&C industry to concrete examples in the following areas:
- Lean management at enterprise level
- Quality management at enterprise level
- Reduction of standard minute costs
- How to move from CMT to FoB
- How to move from FoB to a full package approach
- How to start material sourcing
- How to develop product development skills
- How to develop its own product and branding approach
- How to successfully engage in e-commerce
- Good practices in social compliance
- Good practices in starting environmental compliance, resource efficiency and circular production practices
- Collaboration among enterprises that work in the same product category but that realised that working together is more beneficial than competing
- Best practices at institutional level to support companies in the above areas
The vendor is encouraged to identify additional areas of good practices and suggest them to ITC to include it in the guide.
ITC Procurement Services invites interested companies to forward their Expression of Interest (EOI) by email before the closing date to:
International Trade Centre
54-56 Rue de Montbrillant
Please indicate your vendor ID number and the reference of this EOI in your response. If not registered with ITC/UNOG or UNGM, please follow the Procedure for Registration as Potential Vendor at www.ungm.org as soon as possible.
ITC reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process.
Please note that only those companies considered qualified by ITC for this project will be invited to participate in this procurement exercise.
For any further information on ITC, please consult our website: www.intracen.org
|http://www.intracen.org||ITC procurement notices|