INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE (ITC)
Major Upcoming Business Opportunity Notice
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Important: The purpose of this call for EOI is to identify appropriate suppliers who can potentially fulfil the requirements. The present call for EOI does not constitute an invitation to tender. Only suppliers deemed qualified by ITC will receive the invitation to tender.
Reference: 2200143540 - T4SD Training
Date of this Call for Expression of Interest (EOI): 22nd August 2019
Closing Date for Receipt of EOI at ITC/PS: 5th September 2019
Terms of Reference (summary):
ITC’s T4SD programme (Trade for Sustainable Development) supports SMEs to implement resource efficient and circular production processes through a customized coaching programme and specialized workshops. SMEs are located in different developing countries and active in both textile and agri-food sectors. With this approach, ITC aims at increasing the competitiveness of SMEs in international value chains through reduced consumption of resources in production processes and enhanced productivity.
T4SD’s assistance to SMEs covers two areas:
- Technical group training workshops on common pressing issues of the selected SMEs in each target country to implement resource efficient and circular production practices. These dedicated trainings aim at strengthening the capacity of local experts and the technical staff of SMEs.
- Face-to-face coaching to company staff by a local expert on resource efficiency and circular production, including detailed assessment of production processes.
In this regard, ITC is seeking to select one or more contractor(s) to deliver services in relation to these two areas in the following ways:
- Provide a maximum of 10 technical training workshops (each one full day) between October 2019 and December 2020 on the following thematic areas (which will be further defined based on the demand from beneficiary SMEs and local experts), countries and sectors. The training workshops will provide in-depth technical guidance as well as display real-life best-case examples.
- Ghana: shea & cocoa
- Ethiopia: textiles
- Kenya: tea
- Morocco*: textiles
- Tunisia*: textiles
- Uganda: coffee
* french speaking required
Thematic areas to be covered:
- Energy (Energy efficiency and management, thermal and renewable energy)
- Water and wastewater (treatment, efficiency, recycling and reuse)
- Waste and sludge (Management, disposal, recycling, reuse, composting)
- Chemicals (Alternatives, disposal, treatment)
- The contractor(s) will also provide guidance to local experts during implementation of the face-to-face coaching programmes through virtual meetings during which local experts will share potential coaching challenges as well as seek technical advice and direction from the service provider.
Once the call for applications is launched, all candidates will be asked to make a technical offer by indicating their respective interest in delivering a technical training workshop in a given thematic area in the selected sectors and countries. The offer will have to include a quote per training workshop, including any related costs for preparation, implementation as well as accommodation and flights for the speaker. ITC will provide the training venue and any needed equipment for holding the training. ITC reserves also the right to invite further technical experts within its global network to complement the content proposed for the technical workshop.
The ideal contractor should have:
- Experience in the textile and/or agri-food sectors;
- Experience in at least one of the thematic areas;
- Fluency of vendor team members in written and oral English required for all work, in addition fluency in written and oral in French is required for any training to be delivered in Morocco and Tunisia
- Experience in designing and delivering trainings for professionals from the private sectors (SMEs and technical experts),
- A track record of experience to develop, produce and deliver technical trainings in its respective area of expertise
ITC Procurement Services invites interested companies to forward their Expression of Interest (EOI) by fax or by email before the closing date to:
International Trade Centre
Palais des Nations
1211 Geneva 10
Telefax: +41 22-730 0900
Please indicate your vendor ID number and the reference of this EOI in your response. If not registered with ITC/UNOG or UNGM, please follow the Procedure for Registration as Potential Vendor at www.ungm.org as soon as possible.
ITC reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process.
Please note that only those companies considered qualified by ITC for this project will be invited to participate in this procurement exercise.
For any further information on ITC, please consult our website: www.intracen.org