The department of Essential Medicines and Health Products (EMP) works with Member States and partners to improve access to essential medicines and other health products, including assistive products, and to promote rational use. Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a global public health challenge.
Purpose of the work:
The purpose of the Request for Proposal (RFP) is to select a suitable contractor to carry out the following work:
To support the IAU team in the implementation of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) by supporting data mining, cleaning and analysis of products in the pre-clinical pipeline to tackle antibiotic resistance to inform WHO’s first pre-clinical pipeline review in 2019 and assist in other related projects.
Work to be performed:
Please see fully attached ToR.
Start date: March 2019
End date: August 2019
Key requirements for this assignment:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the area of microbiology, antibacterial drug R&D and/or antimicrobial resistance.
• Experience in data analysis and epidemiology.
• Excellent writing skills demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications on clinical microbiology, epidemiology and/or antimicrobial resistance
Qualifications and experience required:
• MSc. in microbiology, molecular biology, epidemiology, organic chemistry or another field related to antibiotic drug discovery
• Experience in working for WHO, other UN organizations and programmes or similar institutions.
• English – proficient (reading, writing, speaking)
The implementation of the assignment may require international travel; costs for such travel will be borne by WHO according to its rules and regulations. The contractor has to be legally entitled to work in the country or countries where the work is to be carried out, and is expected to be in the possession of an unrestricted passport.
Submission of proposals:
No later than 22 February 2019 (17:00 CET),the bidder shall complete and return by email to WHO (only when this step is completed the bidder is regarded as a prospective bidder) a proposal and a CV of the respective contractor with the following:
Financial proposal including number of working days in 2019 (maximum can be 80) and the proposal should be indicated clearly by daily rate.
A prospective bidder requiring any clarification on technical, contractual or commercial matters may notify WHO via email at the following address no later than 5 days prior to the closing date for the submission of offers:
Email for submissions of forms and proposal: firstname.lastname@example.org
(use subject: Bid Ref HQ/EMP/2018/013)
Refer to attached documents for additional information.