The United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites qualified companies/individuals to submit proposals for the following assignment: Mid-term review of the UNESCO SIDS Action Plan (2016-21).
The evaluation requires the following principal qualifications for the team leader/senior evaluator(s):
- At least 10 years of professional experience in designing and leading evaluations of programmes, funds and/or policies
- At least 10 years of professional experience in evaluation, research and/or policy-related position in the field of regional and/or international development
- An advanced university degree in the field of natural sciences, social sciences, culture, education, science or public policy, media development, communications, or other field related to UNESCO’s mandate
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English
- Excellent analytical skills and skills in producing succinct, clear materials.
Moreover it is desirable that the evaluation team demonstrates proven advanced knowledge of international research/studies in the field of SIDS issues, professional experience in designing and leading evaluations of international or regional/multilateral organizations, working knowledge of French.
Please refer to attached procurement notice.
and knowledge of the UN system and other international organizations, as well as understanding and application of UN mandates in Human Rights and Gender Equality; Other UN language skills, in particular Spanish, as well as Portuguese will also be considered an advantage. Furthermore, preference will be given to evaluation teams that are gender-balanced and of geographically and culturally diverse backgrounds.