The United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites qualified companies/individuals to submit proposals for the following assignment:
Evaluation of the UNESCO/Swedish SIDA Project Cooperation Agreement, (PCA) in the Natural Sciences, 2014-18
The evaluation requires the following principal qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience in the implementation and evaluation of science programmes for development, and expertise in the following thematic areas: water resources management; the hydrological- and geosciences in Africa, science policy; indigenous and local knowledge preferably with experience with pastoral peoples ;
- Strong experience in gender analysis and in the use of quantitative and qualitative indicators;
- An advanced university degree with specialisation in a relevant field of natural sciences, public policy or related fields; (Master level or above);
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English; excellent analytical skills to review and evaluate science-related subjects; and at least good language skills in French (reading and oral communication);
- Furthermore: knowledge of the development needs in sciences in LDCs, SIDS, Africa; knowledge of the UN system and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), its programming and the application of UN mandates in human rights and gender equality; experience with assignments focusing on multi- stakeholder partnerships and co-ordination in the sciences.
The evaluation team should collectively demonstrate experience in all the thematic areas to be covered by the evaluation, and must have no previous involvement in the implementation of activities under review.
Main deliverables: Inception Report, Field missions, (Draft) Final Evaluation Report.
The evaluation will be conducted between May 2018 and November 2018 and is estimated to take up 70 working days.
Please refer to attached procurement notice