Developing Regional Strategy for Confederation of IGAD Employers (CIE)
Working under the supervision of CIE, FMPT team, with technical backstopping provided by ILO MIGRANT and ACTEMP the consultancy firm is expected to develop the first five years regional strategic document of CIE as described above. To this end, the consultancy firm is expected, among other things, to:
· Review the ILO’s existing research and technical guidance on developing regional strategy for social partners in the continent and from other regions.
· Read and internalize relevant documents related to social dialogue, tripartism, regional integration and labour migration globally and regionally to contextualize and present the added value of developing the regional strategy;
· Conduct interviews and consultations with selected key stakeholders including; CIE board members, member national federations/confederations, ACTEMP, IGAD secretariat, board members of similar regional confederations, continental and global confederation, when relevant, as well as ILO technical specialists and project staff among others.
· Synthesize and write up of the strategies in close consultation with the board management of CIE, ACTEMP and FMPT project team
· An inception report: the consultancy firm will submit the inception report outlining the methodology for the background report, data collection tools, preliminary list of literature and resources, and detailed implementation time line and preliminary outline of the strategies
· Submit the Draft regional strategy for CIE: the consultancy firm will submit the first draft regional strategy for review and comments from the CIE, IGAD, ILO and other key stakeholders;
· Submit Revised Draft regional strategy for CIE: the consultancy firm will submit a revised draft strategy incorporating comments and inputs from CIE, IGAD, ILO and other key stakeholders
· Present the revised strategy in a regional consultation and validation workshop: the consultancy firm will present the revised strategy in a regional consultation and validation workshop. This will take place either physically or remotely depending on the COVID-19 situation;
· Final Regional Strategy: the consultancy firm will submit the final strategy after incorporating the comments from the consultation and validation workshop