United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invite qualified companies to submit sealed tenders as follows:
The objective of this call for proposal is to Strengthen Science and Mathematics Cycles 1&2 (level 1-6) Education in Timor-Leste based on Japanese science and mathematics educational system and Japanese UNESCO science programmes expertise. In this regard, the service provider will be required to identify gaps in existing supplementary material for Science and Mathematics (review of gaps on existing , development of supplementary materials for cycle 1&2 level 1-6, conduct training of trainers in Japan including lesson study and co-design a mentoring system for teachers based on lesson study in Timor-Leste).
Only educational and training institutions based in Japan and with access Japanese schools preferably UNESCO schools linked to UNESCO designated sites are eligible to apply.
The service provider is expected to provide:
- Hands-on training (at least 5 days) in Japan for master teacher trainers (at least 5) from Timor-Leste showcasing :
- good practices in schools for science and for mathematics primary education
- how Japanese UNESCO science designated sites (World Heritage, Biosphere Reserve or UNESCO Global Geoparks) are used as living laboratories and providing teaching material aligned with Japanese curriculum
- and providing training on how Japanese lesson study mentoring system is set up and implemented in Japanese schools.
- Design and content for supplementary teachers’ and students’ materials (including multimedia, hands-on activities) for science and for mathematics based on the Timor-Leste curriculum of cycle 1 and 2
- Provide training on how to use the newly developed supplementary materials in Timor-Leste.
To provide the services above, the selected service provider will be requested to work in close coordination with UNESCO and the Timor-Leste National Commission for UNESCO (TLNCU).]
Please refer to attached procurement notice.