Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
Market Assessment and ‘Willingness-to-Pay’ Study for SCORE Training and Advisory Services
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is the only tripartite UN agency that brings together governments, employers and workers representative of 187 member states, to set labour standard, develop policies and devise programmes promoting decent work for all women and men.
The programme on the Advancement of Decent Work and Inclusive Industrialization in Ethiopia (locally named as SIRAYE) is one of the ILO programmes designed to promote higher industry productivity and competitiveness, improved workers wellbeing in terms of rights, income, compensation, safety, equality, voice and representation. The ILO officially launched the SIRAYE programme in June 2019 in the garment and textile industry in Ethiopia. The programme is ILO’s commitment to contribute Ethiopia’s broad-based Industrial Development Strategic Plan to propel the country to middle-income status over the next decade
Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises (SCORE) is one of the components of the SIRAYE programme in Ethiopia. SCORE is also an ILO global intervention, which is currently implemented in several countries of the world.
Purpose of the assignment
The ultimate objective is to conduct market assessment and identify potential market opportunities for SCORE training and enterprise advisory services, suggest market entry and penetration strategies, conduct a ‘Willingness-to-Pay’ (WTP) study to determine separate price ranges for five SCORE training and advisory modules and combined price range for all the SCORE modules.
Scope of Work/Tasks
The main task of the consultant will be to find out what customers think about the SCORE services, their preferences towards the various training modules, training delivery methods and price range they would like to pay for the individual or a combination of two or more training modules including advisory services
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERTISE
- Proven experience in conducting market research using widely accepted statistical tools Familiarity with ‘Willingness-to-Pay’ study techniques for products or services is highly desirable
- Experience in administering focus group discussion, interview techniques and communication skill
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting of survey findings
- Prior experience working with UN agencies is an asset
- Educational background – Economics, Business Administration, Marketing
- At least three years of experience in conducting applied research, study or survey
- Solid understanding and familiarity with the Ethiopian economic policies and actors
- Familiarity with the Ethiopian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) situation, needs and priorities
- Prior experience in new product/service design, development, pricing and market entry strategy is an advantage.
The signed Technical and Financial proposal shall be submitted on or before June 22, 2021, 17:00 (5:00 PM), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Time at the following address:
Submission by e-mail:
Please submit your proposal at the following e-mail address:
Proposals must be received in two different files.
The first file named Technical Proposal + Title.
The second file named Financial Proposal + Title.
The financial proposal file must be password protected. The Password will be required by e-mail only if the technical proposal meet or exceed the minimum score during the evaluation of technical proposal.
Where there is any infringement of these instructions (e.g., financial proposal not password protected, or password transmitted together with the financial proposal, or references to prices are included in the Technical offer) the proposal will be rejected.
Hand-delivered (including by courier services) directly to the below address in return for a signed and dated receipt.
International Labour Office
Name of the ILO Office: ILO Country Office for Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan
Address of the ILO Office: Mennelik II Avenue, ECA Old Building, 5th Floor
Zip code, City: Addis Ababa
Country: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Proposal must be submitted using the double envelope system i.e., the outer parcel containing two separate, sealed envelopes, one bearing the words “Envelope A – Technical Proposal” and the other “Envelope B- Financial offer”.
Where there is any infringement of these instructions (e.g., envelopes are unsealed or references to prices are included in the Technical offer) the proposal will be rejected.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for next steps
- All interested applicants should fill out the attached form (Annex 1) and return back with their application letter and CVs
- The TOR in detail is attached herewith