Deadline for submission of proposals in response to this CFP extended until 28 March 2021, 23.59 Copenhagen Time.
Terms of Reference document (attached as ICAT Grant Call for Proposals - CFP-11875-2021-03) was updated on 16 March 2021. Please find updated document in the Documents section as 'ICAT Grant Call for Proposals - CFP-11875-2021-03 (Updated)'.
The Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) is seeking proposals from institutions to provide technical support aimed at increasing the overall transparency capacity and set-up of sectoral Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems in the Kingdom of Eswatini.
The project will focus on building capacities of technicians at Eswatini's Ministry of Tourism and Environmental Affairs, line departments and national experts and institutions, including the University of Eswatini (UNESWA), as well as other stakeholders, to develop robust sustainable data collection processes, including institutional arrangements, and improved Tier 2 data for future inventory compilation. In addition, the project aims to undertake a renewable energy policy assessment in order to model the climate, economic and social impacts of various scenarios on emissions and the community and the economy as a whole, particularly in the agriculture and LULUCF sectors.
This project will have an adaptation and a mitigation component. The specific objectives are to:
1. Develop a framework for monitoring and tracking adaptation actions in the health and water sectors to meet Eswatini’s NDC targets and to strengthen capacities to construct frameworks for other sectors;
2. Contribute towards ongoing efforts to build a national transparency framework that meets international standards but is tailored for domestic needs;
3. Contribute towards ongoing efforts to improve the availability, collection and quality of data required for estimating emissions in the energy and AFOLU sectors and enables Eswatini to meet its enhanced international reporting standard requirements;
4. Contribute towards the continued improvement of the GHG inventory and capacity to compile the inventory;
5. Enhance capacitates to analyse and assess the GHG emission reductions and selected SD impacts of renewable energy policies; and
6. Support the implementation of NDC targets.
NOTE: Grant applications shall only be accepted from entities legally registered in the Kingdom of Eswatini.
Deadline for submission of proposals: 28 March 2021, 23:59 CET (Copenhagen Time).
The tender contains sustainability considerations for preventing or minimizing damage associated with climate change.
Energy efficiency, greenhouse gas reporting and emission offsetting