RFP-2023-18 National Consultant on Human Rights, UNAIDS Thailand
The National Subcommittee on AIDS Rights Promotion and Protection under the National Committee for HIV and AIDS Prevention and Alleviation (NAC) is the key mechanism responsible for the implementation of the Thailand Partnership for Action to Eliminate all Forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination plan. With the transformation of the leadership team in 2022, and in order to lead the plan more effectively, the Subcommittee needs support to work closely with committee members and multisectoral partners.
The national consultant on human rights will work with and provide support to the National Subcommittee on AIDS Rights Promotion and Protection to support translation of the national action plan (i.e., the Thailand Partnership for Action to Eliminate all Forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination 2022-26) into effective implementation. The support is to facilitate meaningful participation of committee members to work with key partners and stakeholders in promoting human rights and S&D reduction across six settings: healthcare, education, workplace, justice, households, and emergencies/humanitarian settings, and ensure that policy and S&D interventions are responsive to priority setting needs.
The specific responsibilities of the Consultant are as follows:
1. Serve as co-secretariat on CSO for the National Sub-Committee on AIDS Rights, Promotion, and Protection to facilitate, convene and promote full implementation of the National Action Plan 2022-26: Thailand Partnership for Zero Discrimination, and monitor its progress.
2. Undertake day to day support to ensure well-functioning of the National Sub-Committee on AIDS Rights, Promotion, and Protection, including regular meetings, workplan implementation, and effective engagement of stakeholders (i.e., the UN Joint Team on AIDS, PEPFAR, Global Fund Country Team), and conduct regular reporting of progress.
3. Work with the UNAIDS National Stigma and Discrimination coordinator to mobilize technical and financial support from domestic and international sources to support the implementation of the National Action Plan 2022-26: Thailand Partnership for Zero Discrimination.
4. Organize at least two meetings with national partners together with the technical working group of the National Sub-Committee on AIDS Rights, Promotion, and Protection
5. Assist in undertaking the 2023 mapping and landscape analysis, and a rapid assessment on human rights issues related to barriers on HIV and TB in Thailand
6. Bolster Civil Society and community capacity, particularly of networks of PLHIV and other KP with meaningful engagement in addressing human rights and S&D barriers, and help identify the enabling environment and human rights situation and pathways to effective implementation of the Thailand Partnership for Zero Discrimination in the community setting.
7. Promote the use of human rights and S&D indicators and strategic information for policy change and programme improvement, including supporting the use of the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0.
8. Support the development of new funding request for the elaboration of the Human Rights Module as part of the proposal to the Global Fund or request for matching funds to increase investment.
For details on the activities and expected outcomes please refer to the attached RFP document