Grant Support - Call for Proposals: Cities and Migration in Uganda
Pilot initiatives by city stakeholders to demonstrate advanced approaches to receive, manage, and integrate labour migrants and involuntary migrants displaced by conflict or environmental shocks.
In line with the UNOPS evaluation principles of fairness, transparency and integrity, this Call for Proposals intends to competitively select the implementation partners.
- Proposed projects must meet the objectives of the Cities Alliance Joint Work Programme on Cities and Migration and the Cities Alliance Charter.
- Project proposals must be in line with the geographical and thematic scope as outlined in this Call for Proposals. Only proposals for the listed cities and subject areas 1 and 2 are eligible.
- A separate proposal is requested for each participating city. Applicants can apply for a maximum of one city, i.e. submit a maximum of one proposal.
- The Cities Alliance encourages a consortium of organizations.
- Applicant organizations can be governments, international and national non-governmental organizations, research institutions and knowledge centres, United Nationals agencies and/or international development organizations with a strong research track record and reputation on labour and/or involuntary migration to secondary cities in low-income countries. Commercial entities are excluded from this call.
- Lead applicant must be registered in the project country for at least five years.
- Lead applicant must have proven experience in working on migration in secondary cities in the respective project country.
- Previous cooperation with the local authority of the participating city for the implementation of development projects is an asset.
- Project proposals must include 20 per cent co-financing of the total project budget (in-kind or cash).
- Applicant must comply with all provisions in the Grant Agreement, including the General Conditions, and applicable UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Entities on the UN Sanctions List are ineligible to apply.
General Instructions for Proposal Submission
Please submit a full proposal including:
- The Full Proposal Form – One per city, including all the deliverables mentioned in section “Outcomes and Deliverables”:
- a monitoring and evaluation plan;
- a detailed description of the pilot’s theory of change, methodology, activities, outputs, outcomes and indicators;
- a statement of the number of direct and indirect beneficiaries;
- a detailed logframe;
- a section on how the project will organize multi-stakeholder forums at the city level;
- a section outlining the learning needs of relevant city stakeholders and propose adequate learning approaches;
- at least one awareness raising campaign on the GCM for each partner city;
- at least one specific training on mainstreaming migration into local development and policy planning;
- a detailed quality assurance process for the city report;
- a dissemination and communication strategy.
- The Budget Template
- The Integrated Assessment Framework (Please submit requested proofs and documentation as indicated for IAF submission)
- Acceptance of Submission
Deadline for submission: Midnight, 24:00 Central European Time on 16 September 2019
Submit via e-mail only to the Cities Alliance Secretariat at
email@example.com with the subject line including “Uganda: Cities and Migration CFP”.
Language: The proposal should be submitted in English.
Estimated Start: 1 October 2019
Duration: 2 years
Questions can be submitted to [firstname.lastname@example.org] until 2 September 2019 and will be replied by 4 September 2019.