Impact evaluation on the ECOWAS Policies for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and the ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE), covering the period from 2010 to 2020.
The independent (policy) impact evaluation has the following objectives:
- To analyse whether the mid-term targets of the EREP/EEEP instrument were achieved by 2020, and to which extent it has caused change of national policies and behaviour, and generated wider socio-economic benefits;
- To analyse whether ECREEE has influenced the uptake of RE&EE in the ECOWAS region, and to which extent the interventions have caused change of behaviour and generated wider socio-economic benefits;
- To assess whether the EREP/EEEP and ECREEE instruments have been cost-efficient and are still relevant to achieve the established 2030 RE&EE targets; to review whether the said targets are still achievable;
- To provide recommendations for readjustment of the instruments;
- To provide lessons learned for other centres under the Global Network of Regional Sustainable Energy Centres (GN-SEC)
The assignment will result in the development of two reports, which will be presented to the ECOWAS Ministers of Energy for consideration. The reports will establish an important baseline for the further implementation of the EREP/EEEP and an important point of orientation for future ECREEE activities. They will also help to improve the monitoring and evaluation framework of ECREEE. For the data collection and analysis, the consulting team will receive significant support by the ECREEE/ECOWREX team. There is an extensive need to analyse ECOWREX data and internal ECREEE documentation generated over the past ten years.
The tender contains sustainability considerations for preventing or minimizing damage associated with climate change.
Energy efficiency, greenhouse gas reporting and emission offsetting
The tender contains sustainability considerations promoting the sustainable use of resources.
Energy-saving measures, recycling, take-back programmes and responsible end-of-life management
|https://www.unido.org/resources-procurement/notices||UNIDO Procurement Notices|