If you are still not able to solve your issue, please contact us using the 'Help' button.
1. How do I register my company on UNGM?
In order to register as a potential vendor of UN organizations, please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to www.ungm.org.
2. Click on the ‘Login and New registration’ box or on the ‘Register’ link located at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on the ‘New registration’ button.
4. Please select the type of registration by clicking on the relevant box. Please click on the ‘Companies’ box.
5. Provide your company details and acknowledge the UN Supplier Code of Conduct. Then, click on the ‘Send the activation link’ button.
6. Go to your personal email inbox corresponding to the email address provided when creating your account. You should have received the activation email. Please click on the 'activate' button or copy/paste the activation link provided in this email.
7. Click on the 'Registration' link in the left-hand menu to access the registration form. Complete your vendor registration form in UNGM. When complete, your information will be automatically saved and processed by default.
We also invite you to review the 'Registration Process' link in the left hand side menu for further information and detailed instructions on how to proceed in order to complete your UNGM Registration.
In addition, please find below the following video guideline on how to successfully register your company on UNGM.
2. I try to register my company on UNGM but a message informs me that my company’s profile already exists on UNGM site. Why and what should I do?
This message informs you that a UNGM account for your company has already been created by one of your colleagues. In order to avoid confusions for the UN procurement officers, we recommend vendors to keep only one UNGM account per company.
Therefore, you will not be able to create a UNGM account using the same company name. Please do not try to register your company using a similar name as it will be deleted by UNGM. In this case, we invite you to contact us using the 'Help?' functionality.
3. How do I activate my UNGM account?
Please follow the steps below in order to successfully activate your UNGM account:
1. Once you have created your UNGM account, you will receive a confirmation email directly in your personal inbox providing you with the link to activate your UNGM account.
2. Please click on the 'Activate' button or copy/paste the link in your browser bar.
Should you encounter any issue activating your account, please follow the instructions giving for each case:
- You have not received the activation email: please be reminded that you can resend the activation email to yourself from the activation page by clicking on the 'I have not received the email, please resend it to me' button. You can also resend it to yourself from the UNGM inbox. Click on the envelope icon in the top right-hand corner of the page once logged into your account and open the activation email. Click on the 'Resend' button in the right side of the message. The email will be resent to your personal email address. Please access your personal inbox and click on the link provided in the email.
If you still have not received your activation email, please check out your spam box as UNGM emails might be considered as such.
- You have received the activation email but the activation link is not working: we recommend you to try with another browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox or the latest version of Internet Explorer.
4. How do I log into my UNGM account?
In order to log into your UNGM account, please click on the 'Login and New Registrations' box or on the 'Log in' button located in the top right-hand corner of the page. From here you will be able to log in with your email address and password.
In case you have forgotten your password, please note that you can also use the 'Forgotten password' function.
IMPORTANT: We kindly remind you that you cannot log in from the window 'Register'. 'Register' is meant for creating a new registration on UNGM and not for accessing an existing account.
5. Where do I find information about my submission statuses?
You can find an overview of your registration statuses with the different UN organizations under your Dashboard. You can also manage your submissions to the different UN organizations under the Manage Agency Submissions page.
You can find more information about the registration statuses using the little information icon in the Manage Agency Submission page. You can find more details about the statuses from the 'Registration process' link in the left-hand menu . Please note that as soon as your application has been registered with at least one UN organization, your company’s profile becomes visible to all UN procurement staff.
6. What is a UNGM number and where can I find it?
A UNGM number is a six digit number which enables the UN personnel to identify your company’s account on UNGM. You can find your UNGM number under your Dashboard once you are logged into your UNGM account.
Please note that you will not receive any other/additional registration number from UNGM throughout the registration process. Furthermore, kindly note that with the new UNGM there is no need for the UNPD ID number.
When you contact the UNGM personnel through the 'Help?' functionality, we encourage you to communicate your UNGM number to us so that we can help you further with your potential issue.
7. How do I edit my contact details?
In order to complete and edit your contact details, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Registration form and then access the 'Contacts' section
- Edit your contact details in the provided form
- Please make sure you have completed all mandatory information and click on the 'Save & continue' button.
All questions marked with an asterisk are mandatory in order to complete the section. In case you wish to amend your email address/username on UNGM, please access your settings.
8. When logging into my UNGM account, I am asked to complete some missing information. Why and what should I do?
Since the last time you logged in, the requirements in terms of information that you have to provide have changed. Therefore, you are required to add some new information in your company’s profile. In order to maintain your registration status, please complete each of the required sections and click on 'Save' button.
9. How do I upload documents on UNGM?
In order to upload successfully your documents on UNGM, please follow the instructions below:
1. Click on the Vendor Documents link in the left-hand column section.
2. Click on the 'Add files from your computer', choose documents and click 'Open' to select the file.
3. The file will now appear in the table. Add a description or file name, which will make it easy to identify.
4. Click on 'Start' to upload the file.
5. Repeat this for all the documents which you would like to upload.
6. Now click on the Level link in the left-hand column where you need to add the required documents. Click on the 'Select file' at level 1 or 'add another...' at level 2 to attach your document.
Kindly be reminded you need to click on 'Use this file' in order to attach the document. Otherwise the document will remain in your Vendor repository and will not be visible to UN organizations.
We invite you to follow the instructions given in the guideline ‘Vendor documents’ in order to upload successfully your documents to UNGM
10. Can I edit my profile after completing my registration form?
You can modify any of the information you entered in your UNGM application form at almost any time.
To edit the information in your registration form at basic level, go to Registration in the left-hand menu and click on the 'edit' button under the section you want to update.
If a UN organization is in the process of evaluating your application, you will not be able to make any amendment. If that would be the case, your status with that particular organization will be shown as 'in progress' in your Dashboard.
We would like to clarify that this would only affect the concerned level. In other words, if you are 'in progress' at Level 1 with a certain organization, you still can modify your Basic and Level 2 registration forms.
11. How can I change my email address?
In order to change your email address, please follow the instructions below:
- At the top right hand corner of the page, click on the little wheel symbol and select ‘Settings’. From here you can add the new email address.
- You will receive an activation link at the new email address. Please click on it in order to confirm the modification.
If you do not have access to the email address linked to your UNGM account anymore, please contact us using the 'Help?' functionality.
12. How can I add/ delete contacts on my UNGM account?
In order to add contacts in your account, please follow the instructions below:
1. After logging in, please click on the Registration link and go to the Contact section.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Invite another contact’ button.
3. Complete the pop-up form and include a personalised message to explain the purpose of the email to the person you invite.
4. A system email will be sent to the invitee with a link to enable access to the account and create a password.
You can add as many email addresses as needed. If necessary, you can also remove them from your company's account by clicking on 'remove' button.
The process is the same if you wish to add someone to your Tender Alert Service subscription.
13. What are UNSPSC codes?
UNGM uses a sub-set of the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) for the classification of products and services. The codes used in UNGM have been compiled using information from the respective UN organizations and should be representative of what organizations buy. For more information on UN organizations' procurement, please check the Annual Statistical Report on UN Procurement in our Knowledge Centre.
UNSPSC's website (www.unspsc.org) is also a useful source to check whether a code is available in the larger code set.
14. How should I use the UNSPSC codes to classify my products and services?
In your basic level registration, you will be required to select codes which best describe the products and/or services your company can provide.
Please find some basic principles and considerations to keep in mind when selecting codes:
- Do not select main code groups such as 10000000, 20000000, etc.
- A proper UNSPSC code should ideally be at least 3 levels down, i.e. 12300000. Provide the most detailed coding possible by selecting from the 'leaves' in the hierarchy tree.
- Select as many codes as necessary to ensure that the product or service is covered.
- The selected code shall make intuitive sense when viewed in context of the overall code structure.
- The items procured should be considered by nature of the product. Ask yourself: what is the predominant characteristic that of a good/product or of a service?
In order to select UNSPSC codes in your registration, go to your registration form at basic level by clicking on the Registration link. Please go to the 'Coding' section and search for new UNSPSC codes either by typing keywords or using the trimmed tree classification.
Once you have found the codes which you wish to add, please tick the box corresponding to the UNSPSC code. Then, we invite you to save the list of selected codes by clicking on the 'Save & continue' button at the bottom of the page.
15. Why is my registration still submitted and not registered?
In the past, each of Level 1 and 2 submissions were reviewed and evaluated by a UN staff member. The process has changed and submissions will be in future reviewed and evaluated as part of a tender process. Until such time, the status of all Level 1 and Level 2 registrations will remain ‘Submitted’.
You can be assured that your UNGM account remains active and visible to all UN procurement staff when sourcing vendors as long as you have one Basic level registration with a ‘Registered’ status.
16. What are the different registration levels which UN organizations are currently maintaining in UNGM?
At the moment, some UN organizations maintain three different levels of registrations: basic, level 1 and level 2.
Dividing the vendor registration into three levels allows UN organizations to categorize vendors in a more effective and efficient way.
UN organizations are currently maintaining different levels of registration. Not all UN organizations require level 1 and 2 registrations.The levels refer to different thresholds for awarded contracts and some UN organizations do not use these thresholds on the vendor rosters.
17. I am interested in subscribing to the Tender Alert Service, what are the payment options?
You can pay for your Tender Alert Service subscription either by bank transfer or by credit card. The Tender Alert Service subscription costs USD 250 per year.
In order to subscribe to the Tender Alert Service, please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to www.ungm.org and log into your UNGM account.
2. Click on the 'My TAS’ link in the left-hand menu.
3. In the 'UNSPSC codes' tab, please add the UNSPSC codes you wish to receive tenders for.
4. In the 'Contacts' tab, please add colleagues to receive tender alerts.
5. In the ‘Payment’ tab, choose a plan and accept the UNOPS's Terms & Conditions.
6. Choose your preferred payment method. If you decide to pay by credit card, please follow the online payment process. If you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please check the FAQ # 23.
18. How do I participate in UN tenders?
Please note that procurement notices are accessible publicly and free of charge from the 'Tender notices' link in the left-hand menu.
Tendering processes differ from one UN organization to the other and are independent of UNGM Secretariat. Therefore, should you require further information, we invite you to contact the UN officer in charge of the tendering process. His/her contact information is included in the corresponding notice.
Moreover, we invite you to read carefully the information posted in our 'Knowledge Centre' on the left-hand side of the UNGM page, where you can find information regarding how to do procurement with the United Nations.
19. I am having technical difficulties with UNGM, what can I do?
In case you experience any kind of technical difficulties, we would recommend you to check the version of your Internet Explorer browser. If you are using a version older than Internet Explorer 8, you should update it to the latest version. You might also want to use another browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
In case you still cannot manage to solve your technical issue, please do not hesitate to contact us using the ‘Help?’ button.
20. What is the Tender Alert Service?
UNGM offers an optional service to suppliers who would like to be notified of relevant tender notices via email. With the Tender Alert Service, you can receive notification of relevant business opportunities which match your company's products and/or services directly to your email address. This service costs USD 250 a year.
For more information about the service, please click on the 'Tender Alert Service' link in the left-hand menu.
We also remind you that procurement notices are accessible publicly and free of charge at https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice .
21. How can I pay my TAS subscription by bank transfer?
In order to pay your Tender Alert Subscription by bank transfer, please find the required information below:
- Bank Name: Danske Bank
- Account Name: UNOPS
- Currency: US Dollar (USD)
- Account Number: 4073 4777308238
- IBAN: DK08 3000 4777 308238
- Bank Address: Frederiksberggade 1, 1459 Copenhagen K, Denmark
- SWIFT: DABA DKKK
Please use your UNGM number and company name as the reference in your transfer. For instance: UNGM# 123456 (Company_name)
Be reminded that your TAS subscription will only be activated once we have received your payment in our bank account.
To pay for your subscription by bank transfer, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your UNGM account and click on the ‘My TAS’ link in the left hand menu and then on the ‘Payment’ tab.
- In the ‘Payment’ tab, choose a plan and accept the UNOPS's Terms & Conditions.
- Click on ‘> Pay by Bank transfer’
- Submit the required information about your bank transfer
You might also consider paying by credit card if this is an easier payment method for your company. Moreover, this alternative activate your TAS subscription immediately and save bank fees derived from transferring funds.